V-safe is a security monitoring system that permits you to share with CDC the way you, or your dependent, really feel after getting an RSV vaccine.
After you register, V-safe will ship you personalised and confidential well being check-ins through textual content messages or emails to ask how you’re feeling after vaccination. Finishing well being check-ins and sharing how you’re feeling, even in the event you don’t expertise unwanted effects after vaccination, helps CDC’s vaccine security monitoring efforts and lets others know what to anticipate within the days and weeks following RSV vaccination.
V-safe initially launched in December 2020 to watch the security of COVID-19 vaccines. Since its launch, 10.1 million V-safe members accomplished greater than 151 million well being surveys about their experiences following COVID-19 vaccination, and V-safe knowledge have been included in additional than 20 scientific publications.
V-safe is certainly one of a number of complementary security programs CDC makes use of to carefully monitor the security of vaccines in the US. It lets vaccine recipients self-report how they really feel after receiving a vaccine.
What you want to know
- You’ll be able to register for V-safe utilizing your laptop, pill, or smartphone after getting an RSV vaccine.
- Utilizing V-safe after RSV vaccination requires a brand new registration, even in the event you beforehand enrolled and took part in V-safe for the COVID-19 or mpox vaccines.
- You’ll be able to add a dependent (member of the family, good friend, or particular person who depends on you for assist) ages 60 years and older who has acquired an RSV vaccine in V-safe.
- V-safe will ship you a each day well being check-in reminder in the course of the first week after RSV vaccination. Then, V-safe will ship you messages as soon as every week for as much as six weeks. You’ll be able to choose out at any time.
- Your private data in V-safe is protected, so it’s protected and personal.
- V-safe knowledge is confidential.
- V-safe is not an official report of being vaccinated.
- V-safe doesn’t give medical recommendation.
- V-safe can’t schedule vaccination appointments.