Framework: Neighborhood mitigation methods to scale back or forestall COVID-19 transmission in the USA are described in CDC’s framework for Implementation of Mitigation Methods For Communities with Native COVID-19 Transmission. The implementation framework describes the present objectives, guiding ideas, and mitigation methods to scale back or forestall native COVID-19 transmission.
Strategy: This web page describes CDC’s method to evaluating group mitigation methods and supplies overarching concerns to assist state, territorial, or native well being departments, tribal well being organizations, or others in monitoring and evaluating COVID-19 group mitigation methods, together with a logic mannequin, recommended monitoring and analysis questions, and potential information sources. The method considers outcomes that reduce COVID-19 morbidity and related mortality, results of group mitigation methods on long-standing well being disparities and social determinants of well being, and the way communities thrive socially, emotionally, and economically.
Monitoring and analysis findings can be utilized to:
- Inform decision-making about strengthening, focusing, and stress-free mitigation methods
- Perceive particular person and group components that assist or hinder mitigation behaviors
- Monitor disparities and social determinants of well being and perceive how completely different populations take part in and are affected by group mitigation methods
- Successfully talk info to the general public primarily based on culturally and linguistically acceptable methods
- Be sure that the wants of disproportionately affected populations are met
- Strengthen group components and outcomes associated to epidemiology, healthcare capability, social providers, and public well being capability
- Disseminate classes discovered
Logic Mannequin: This logic mannequin presents the U.S. Neighborhood Mitigation Technique for COVID-19 at a excessive degree and acknowledges that many various stakeholders are engaged on particular components of this technique.
Roles: Governments, organizations, and people assist and promote group mitigation methods throughout a number of settings and sectors, whereas paying particular consideration to disproportionately affected populations.
Neighborhood mitigation methods. Layering methods throughout settings and sectors the place individuals reside, work, be taught, and collect supplies larger safeguards to scale back transmission. These methods could also be strengthened, centered, or relaxed primarily based on native context. By way of particular person, group, and environmental actions, group mitigation methods are applied that:
- promote behaviors that forestall unfold,
- preserve wholesome environments,
- preserve wholesome operations, and
- put together for when somebody will get sick;
And are designed to provide outcomes that:
- scale back publicity amongst people,
- scale back transmission,
- scale back burden on the well being care system and improve entry to testing and speak to tracing,
- with the long-term objectives of minimizing COVID-19 morbidity and related mortality.
Outcomes: Reaching these outcomes are important to making sure that communities thrive socially, emotionally, and economically. Working in collaboration, entities at federal, state and native ranges can monitor and consider social, emotional, and financial indicators that will embrace: monetary, meals, and housing safety; healthcare entry and utilization (akin to care looking for behaviors); bodily and psychological well being; and group security and violence with particular consideration and a spotlight to disproportionately affected populations.
Questions: The next overarching monitoring and analysis questions could be tailored to satisfy group priorities and stakeholder wants.
Indicators and Knowledge Sources: Indicators and information sources could be tailor-made to align with the context of the meant analysis. All indicators and information sources used for monitoring and analysis of group mitigation methods ought to be top quality and ought to be collected ethically (e.g., with respect for individuals, privateness, confidentiality) and scientifically (e.g.., with regard to validity, reliability, and representativeness). When accessible, use information sources with a number of time-points accessible for comparability. Indicators could also be analyzed total or to have a look at particular subgroups (e.g., city vs. rural, by racial/ethnic inhabitants, socioeconomic teams, and so on.). The next desk supplies a choose variety of instance indicators and potential information sources and isn’t an exhaustive record. Take into account information sources that finest meet your monitoring and analysis wants and confer with CDC’s COVID-19 Secondary Knowledge and Statistics for publicly accessible information sources. CDC doesn’t endorse any non-CDC information sources.