collection of strikes or ballots for industrial motion are being introduced as staff throughout the nation search pay rises within the face of the cost-of-living disaster.
Prison barristers in England and Wales voted in favour of indefinite and uninterrupted strike in a row with the Authorities over jobs and pay, which is because of begin on September 5.
Friday is ready to be the final working day for barristers earlier than they stroll out on August 30.
It comes as an eight-day strike on the UK’s greatest container port by members of Unite at Felixstowe, Suffolk, in a dispute over pay entered its second day.
Listed here are a few of the upcoming strikes and potential disputes stretching into the autumn in what the unions have described it as a “summer season of solidarity” amid worsening industrial relations:
– The Nationwide Schooling Union says it should poll members this autumn over “the assaults on trainer pay”, including that “academics gained’t settle for the most important real-terms pay lower in dwelling reminiscence”.
– August 18 to 30 August: Strike by Unite and GMB members over pay affecting waste, recycling and road cleansing providers in Edinburgh.
– August 21: Unite members on the Port of Felixstowe begin an eight-day strike over pay.
– August 26 and 31: Royal Mail staff within the Communication Staff Union strike over pay.
– September 5: Barristers in England and Wales set to start out an indefinite strike after voting to step up their present bi-weekly walkouts over Authorities-set charges for authorized assist work.
– September 8 and 9: Royal Mail staff within the Communication Staff Union to strike once more over pay.
– September 11: A strike poll of Unite’s NHS members in England closes.
– September 15: A strike poll of Royal Faculty of Nursing members opens.
– September 16: A strike poll of Unite’s NHS members in Wales closes.
– September 26: A nationwide strike poll opens for Public and Industrial Providers union members over pay, pensions, jobs and redundancy phrases.