The jury questionnaire was just lately mailed to residents of Hennepin County in Minnesota, Minn., the place the 46-year-old handcuffed black dad died gasping for breath in Might as white cop Derek Chauvin knelt on his neck, TMZ reported Tuesday.
4 cops, together with three accused of aiding and abetting Chauvin, are being placed on trial over the horrific incident — which was caught on tape and triggered worldwide protests and vows of widespread US police reform.
Based on the questionnaire, which was obtained by the Web page, potential jurors are being requested things like:
- “Have you ever ever watched video of George Floyd’s dying on the information or the Web? If sure, what number of occasions?”
- “Did you, or somebody near you, take part in any of the demonstrations or marches in opposition to police brutality that passed off in Minneapolis after George Floyd’s dying?”
- “Should you participated [in protests], did you carry an indication? What did it say?”
- “Have you ever ever been educated on find out how to restrain somebody or use a chokehold?”
- “How favorable or unfavorable are you about Black Lives Matter?”
- “How favorable or unfavorable are you about Blue Lives Matter?”
- “Have you ever ever personally seen the police use extra drive than was wanted?”
Jury choice is ready to start March 8 and final about two weeks, the doc mentioned.
Chauvin is charged with second-degree unintentional homicide and second-degree manslaughter, whereas the opposite officers face the lesser raps.