n Monday night, nine-year-old Olivia Pratt-Korbel was shot and killed when a gunman pressured his means into her dwelling in Knotty Ash, Liverpool.
She will not be believed to have been the meant goal, with the attacker chasing a 35-year-old man to the home and firing with “full disregard” for its inhabitants.
Regardless of being rushed to a youngsters’s hospital by police, Olivia died of her accidents in what officers have branded a “stunning and appalling” crime.
Right here, the PA information company units out the timeline of occasions main as much as Olivia’s demise:
– At about 10pm, a gunman in darkish garments and balaclava fires at two males strolling in Kingsheath Avenue
– Olivia’s mom, Cheryl, opens her entrance door after listening to the pictures. One of many males, 35, runs to her and pushes his means inside to flee
– He’s chased by the gunman, who places his hand by the doorway as Cheryl makes an attempt to ram it shut
– The gunman fires into the home. A bullet passes by Cheryl’s wrist and hits Olivia, who’s standing immediately behind her, within the chest
– He fires twice extra on the man earlier than fleeing on foot by the entrance door
– The person, who has been repeatedly shot in his higher physique, is collected by associates in a black Audi. They take him to hospital because the mom and daughter lie wounded
– Law enforcement officials arrive on the home and rush Olivia to Alder Hey Youngsters’s Hospital, the place she dies
– Cheryl is taken by paramedics to Aintree Hospital and handled for her gunshot wound