It’s been three lengthy years for the reason that occasion final took to the streets, as a result of Covid-19 pandemic, so anticipation for this yr’s occasion is greater than ever.
From the spectacular floats to the metal bands and mouthwatering meals, it’s assured to attract an enormous crowd to west London this August, with about 2 million individuals anticipated to have a good time. Right here’s what it is advisable to know.
When is it?
In conventional type, the carnival will happen over the financial institution vacation weekend, from August 27 to 29.
The enjoyable will kick off on Saturday August 27, with the UK Nationwide Panorama Steelband Competitors at Emslie Horniman’s Pleasance Park, Kensal Street.
Sunday August 28 is household day on the carnival, together with the kids’s parade, with the principle parade going down on financial institution vacation Monday.
For extra on the complete schedule, see right here.
The right way to get there
By highway: Many roads within the space will probably be closed – see right here for extra particulars.
By Tube: Close by stations embrace Notting Hill Gate (‘exit solely’ from 11am to 7pm), Royal Oak (‘exit solely’ from 11am to 6pm, then closed) and Westbourne Park (‘exit solely’ from 11am to 6pm). Plan forward and test your route the day earlier than you journey.
Deliberate Tube works, in keeping with TFL:
- Elizabeth Line: Providers between Paddington and Abbey Wooden will function on Monday to Saturday solely, between 6:30am to 11pm.
- London Overground: Modifications to Euston to Watford Junction companies on Saturday August 27, Sunday 28 and Monday 29. See the deliberate works calendar for additional particulars as they’re introduced. There will probably be no service between Barking and Barking Riverside on Sunday August 28, please use London Buses Routes EL1, EL2 and EL3. For trains to/from Gospel Oak use Platform 1 at Barking. Modifications to Gospel Oak to Barking Riverside companies from Monday August 29 to Friday September 2 : Trains at 5:48am from Barking Riverside to Gospel Oak and at 6:39am from Gospel Oak to Barking Riverside won’t run.
- Metropolitan Line: On Saturday August 27, Sunday 28 and Monday 29, there will probably be no service between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Watford/Amersham/Chesham. Alternative buses function. No Chiltern Railways companies between Marylebone and Amersham.
- Waterloo & Metropolis Line: Closed on weekends and public financial institution holidays.
- London Trams: Saturday August 22 to Sunday October 3, no service between Reeves Nook and East Croydon.