The blaze broke out within the early hours of Sunday morning on the Teatre nightclub in Murcia.
4 individuals have been handled in hospital for smoke inhalation.
Footage on social media web site X exhibits a number of firefighters extinguishing the blaze. The nightclub’s roof seems to be severely broken.
Authorities have warned that the loss of life toll might rise additional.
Murcia mayor Jose Ballesta mentioned they had been working to determine the trigger.
“We’re devastated,” he mentioned on Spanish TV channel 24h, including rescuers had been nonetheless looking for a number of individuals reported lacking.
The fireplace, which began at round 6am, has been introduced beneath management.
The native sports activities centre has been arrange for psychological help and specialised assist, Mr Ballesta mentioned.