Inquest of girl who died after consuming Pret wrap to conclude

Inquest of girl who died after consuming Pret wrap to conclude


he inquest into the demise of a lady with an acute dairy allergy, who died shortly after consuming a Pret a Manger vegan wrap, is because of conclude.

Celia Marsh, 42, a dental nurse from Melksham, Wiltshire, died on December 27 2017 after consuming a super-veg rainbow flatbread from the chain’s retailer in Bathtub, Somerset.

The coconut yoghurt used as dressing from Australian model CoYo, which was licenced for manufacture within the UK to British agency Planet Coconut, is assumed to have had traces of milk in it.

An inquest at Avon Coroner’s Court docket heard the mother-of-five prevented all dairy merchandise following a near-fatal allergic response just a few months earlier through which she wanted 15 pictures of adrenalin.

Maria Voisin, senior coroner for Avon, is because of ship her conclusion within the case on Thursday morning.

Mrs Marsh had been on a post-Christmas procuring journey along with her husband and three of her daughters when she went into Pret to purchase one thing to eat at round 2pm.

She was declared useless lower than two hours later.

The wrap had been consumed in its entirety, and the pot of CoYo model yoghurt used to make it was thrown away earlier than Bathtub and North East Somerset Council started its investigation.

However testing on different pots discovered small portions of dairy protein within the product, with traces present in one other rainbow wrap.

In the course of the two-week inquest, a chemist acknowledged the amount of dairy within the wrap was too low to be measured with any diploma of accuracy, however mentioned he believed it positively contained milk.

It’s thought the contamination stemmed from the HG1 starch within the yoghurt.

events within the inquest had been Bathtub and North East Somerset Council, CoYo and Planet Coconut.

Supply hyperlink