Pricey Guardian or Guardian:
[Insert School Name] considers the well being and well-being of our college students and employees a precedence. We’ve got been alerted that a person identified with or suspected to have COVID-19 was in shut proximity to your little one on [mm/dd]. We’re following Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) suggestions to assist be certain that the individual identified with or suspected to have COVID-19 follows directions for isolation and stays away from others till they will safely return to the college setting. We may even proceed to scrub and disinfect all areas of the college.
In collaboration with college and public well being officers, we now have decided that your little one is taken into account a shut contact of the individual identified with or suspected to have COVID-19. The data you present throughout contact tracing actions can be stored confidential in accordance with relevant federal, state, and native privateness legal guidelines and rules.
In case your little one [SELECT OPTION PER SCHOOL POLICY: Is not up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines, including all eligible boosters / has not received their primary vaccine series], they need to quarantine at residence for at the very least 5 days after their final shut contact with an individual who has COVID-19 (the date of final shut contact is taken into account day 0).
Please make be aware of the next necessary dates:
- The date of your little one’s final recognized shut contact with the individual identified with or suspected of getting COVID-19 was [Insert date of exposure. If exposed on more than one day, list all dates of known exposure].
- We suggest that your little one be examined at the very least 5 days after the date of final recognized shut contact with somebody with COVID-19. This implies your little one ought to be examined on or after [insert date for day 5, using the date of the last exposure as day 0].
- In the event that they take a look at detrimental, they might return to high school on [Insert date for day 6, using the date of the last exposure as day 0].
- In the event that they take a look at constructive, they need to isolate for at the very least 5 days from the date their signs started or from the date the constructive viral take a look at was collected if they don’t have signs. They need to comply with our faculty’s isolation pointers for returning to high school.
- Everybody who’s a detailed contact ought to appropriately and persistently put on a well-fitting masks round others for 10 days from the date of their final shut contact with somebody with COVID-19.
- It’s best to watch your little one for signs till 10 days after their final shut contact with somebody with COVID-19, or till [insert date for day 10, using the date of the last exposure as day 0]. If signs develop, your little one ought to isolate instantly and get examined, and it’s best to notify the college immediately. Once you notify us, we will take further steps to maintain our faculty group protected. We could must determine, in accordance with relevant legal guidelines, rules, and insurance policies regarding privateness and confidentiality, potential shut contacts your scholar has had with others to be able to stop any further unfold of the virus.
- CDC continues to suggest indoor masking in Okay-12 faculties for all individuals ages 2 years and older, together with college students, academics, employees, and guests, no matter vaccination standing.
In case your little one has examined constructive for COVID-19 within the final 90 days and you might be keen to offer proof of the earlier constructive viral take a look at to the college, please contact [insert name of appropriate school contact] at [insert email and phone number]. Individuals who have examined constructive within the final 90 days and subsequently recovered and stay with out COVID-19 signs don’t must quarantine or get examined after shut contact. They need to appropriately and persistently put on a well-fitting masks round others and look ahead to COVID-19 signs for 10 days from the date of their final shut contact with somebody with COVID-19.
- We encourage you to go to [insert hyperlink to local public health department or other appropriate links] for extra data for tactics to maintain your loved ones and our faculty group protected. As well as, CDC’s web site additionally offers details about COVID-19, together with an overview of quarantine. We can be joyful to welcome your little one again to in-person studying on the date specified above, or in case you can present proof of vaccination or constructive take a look at end result throughout the previous 90 days. Within the meantime, [insert name of teacher or school administrator] will attain out to you with further data on how your little one can proceed studying and receiving instruction throughout this time away from in-person college.
We are going to proceed to offer you common updates as wanted and can proceed to offer immediate notification of any COVID-19 or different health-related considerations. We encourage you to contact us with questions and considerations. Please name us at [NUMBER], electronic mail us at [EMAIL], or go to our web site [INSERT DETAILS HERE] for updates.
Please be assured that we’re dedicated to facilitating an optimum studying expertise and guaranteeing the security of our college students and employees.
[NAME, TITLE, and CONTACT INFORMATION]