Do you have got or assume you might need COVID-19, or have you ever been round somebody who has the virus?
Are you or somebody in your family at elevated threat of extreme sickness? It’s possible you’ll must take further precautions.
- If you’re at elevated threat for extreme sickness, verify together with your employer to see if there are insurance policies and practices in place to cut back your threat at work, like telework or modified job duties.
Are you the first caregiver in your baby or another person? If that’s the case, listed below are some issues to consider:
Are there methods you possibly can decrease the variety of individuals you work together with?
- Along with any measures what you are promoting might have carried out to cut back your threat (e.g., put in limitations), take extra steps to attenuate the variety of individuals you work together with.
- Interacting with extra individuals raises your threat since some individuals might have the virus and never realize it since they haven’t any signs.
- Can you have got digital conferences to restrict the variety of in-person interactions?
- When interacting with different individuals, are insurance policies in place for colleagues or clients to put on a masks and to maintain 6 ft of house between others?
What’s the size of time that you can be interacting with individuals?
- Spending extra time with individuals who could also be contaminated will increase your threat of changing into contaminated.
- Spending extra time with individuals will increase their threat of changing into contaminated if there may be any probability that you could be already be contaminated.
Keep dwelling when wanted
Monitor your well being
- Be alert for signs. Look ahead to fever, cough, shortness of breath, or different signs of COVID-19.
- Take your temperature if signs develop.
- Don’t take your temperature inside half-hour of exercising or after taking medicines that would decrease your temperature, like acetaminophen.
- Comply with CDC steerage if signs develop.
Put on a masks
- Put on a masks in public settings the place staying 6 ft aside (about two arms size) isn’t attainable. Interacting with out sporting a masks will increase your threat of getting contaminated.
- Sporting a masks doesn’t substitute the necessity to follow social distancing.
- Put on masks to assist preserve from getting and spreading COVID-19.
Social distance in shared areas
- Preserve at the least 6 ft of distance between you and others. COVID-19 spreads simpler between people who find themselves inside 6 ft of one another.
- Maintaining distance from different individuals is particularly essential for people who find themselves at elevated threat for extreme sickness, corresponding to older adults and people with sure medical circumstances.
- Indoor areas are extra dangerous than out of doors areas the place it is perhaps more durable to maintain individuals aside and there’s much less air flow.
- Keep away from shut contact with others in your commute to work, if attainable. Think about biking, strolling, driving both alone or with different members of your family. Discover ways to defend your self when utilizing transportation to commute to work.
Wash your palms typically
- Wash your palms typically with cleaning soap and water for at the least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at the least 60% alcohol if cleaning soap and water usually are not accessible. In case your palms are visibly soiled, use cleaning soap and water over hand sanitizer.
- Keep away from touching your eyes, nostril, and mouth for those who haven’t washed your palms.
Cowl your coughs and sneezes
- Bear in mind to cowl your mouth and nostril with a tissue once you cough or sneeze, or use the within of your elbow. Throw used tissues into no-touch trash cans and instantly wash palms with cleaning soap and water for at the least 20 seconds.
- If cleaning soap and water usually are not accessible, use hand sanitizer containing at the least 60% alcohol.
Keep away from sharing objects and gear
- Keep away from utilizing different staff’ telephones, desks, workplaces, or different work instruments and gear, when attainable. In case you can’t keep away from utilizing another person’s workstation, clear and disinfect earlier than and after use.
Clear and disinfect continuously touched surfaces and objects
- Clear and disinfect continuously touched objects and surfaces, like workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, and doorknobs. Soiled surfaces could be cleaned with cleaning soap and water earlier than disinfection.
- To disinfect, use these EPA-registered disinfectantsexterior icon.