These CDC suggestions are based mostly on the newest public well being science to tell safer, extra accountable worldwide journey through the COVID-19 pandemic. These suggestions are usually not supposed to be necessities for the journey trade. Observe all vacation spot and airline suggestions or necessities.
Air journey requires spending time in safety traces and airport terminals, which might convey you in shut contact with different folks and regularly touched surfaces. Social distancing is tough in busy airports and on crowded flights, and sitting inside 6 toes of others, typically for hours, might enhance your danger of getting COVID-19. The way you get to and from the airport, corresponding to with public transportation and ridesharing, can even enhance your probabilities of being uncovered to the virus.
Testing earlier than and after journey can cut back the danger of spreading COVID-19. Testing doesn’t get rid of all danger, however when paired with a interval of staying at dwelling and on a regular basis precautions like sporting masks and social distancing, it will probably make journey safer by lowering unfold on planes, in airports, and at locations.
Right here’s what to know:
- Get examined 1-3 days earlier than your flight.
- Get examined 3-5 days after journey AND keep dwelling for 7 days after journey.
- Even should you take a look at unfavorable, keep dwelling for the complete 7 days.
- In the event you don’t get examined, it’s most secure to remain dwelling for 10 days after journey.
- At all times observe state and native suggestions or necessities associated to journey.
- Delay your journey in case you are ready for take a look at outcomes.
Under is what you might want to learn about getting examined earlier than your worldwide flight.
- Get examined with a viral take a look at 1-3 days earlier than you depart and once more 1-3 days earlier than you come.
- Ensure you get your take a look at outcomes earlier than you journey. In case you are ready for outcomes, delay your journey.
- Don’t journey in case your take a look at result’s constructive; instantly isolate your self, and observe public well being suggestions.
- A unfavorable take a look at doesn’t imply that you weren’t uncovered or that you’ll not develop COVID-19. Ensure that to put on a masks, keep not less than 6 toes from others, wash your fingers, and watch your well being for indicators of sickness whereas touring.
- Make a copy of your take a look at outcomes with you throughout journey. You might be requested for them.
Examine in case your airline requires any well being data, testing, or different paperwork. Some locations require testing earlier than journey and/or after arrival. Details about testing necessities on your vacation spot could also be out there from the Workplace of International Affairs or Ministry of Well being, or the US Division of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Nation Info webpageexterior icon.
Take steps to cut back higher-risk actions for 14 days earlier than your journey and get examined 1-3 days earlier than you journey. This might assist cut back the prospect that your journey shall be interrupted or delayed by COVID-19.
All vacationers with any identified publicity to COVID-19 ought to delay journey, quarantine themselves from different folks for 14 days after their final identified publicity, get examined, and monitor their well being.
Get examined 3-5 days after journey AND keep dwelling for 7 days after journey. Even should you take a look at unfavorable, keep dwelling for the complete 7 days. In the event you don’t get examined, it’s most secure to remain dwelling for 10 days. At all times observe state and native suggestions or necessities associated to journey.
A unfavorable take a look at doesn’t imply that you weren’t uncovered; you may nonetheless develop COVID-19. Look ahead to signs for 14 days after journey, instantly isolate your self should you develop signs, and be taught what to do in case you are sick.
In case your take a look at is constructive for COVID-19, instantly isolate your self and observe public well being suggestions. Don’t journey till it’s protected so that you can be round others; this consists of your return journey dwelling.
You’ll have been uncovered to COVID-19 in your travels. You might really feel properly and never have any signs, however you might be contagious with out signs and unfold the virus to others. You and your journey companions (together with youngsters) pose a danger to your loved ones, pals, and neighborhood for 14 days after you had been uncovered to the virus.
No matter the place you traveled or what you probably did throughout your journey, take these actions to guard others from getting COVID-19 for 14 days after journey:
- Keep not less than 6 toes/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anybody who didn’t journey with you, notably in crowded areas. It’s essential to do that in every single place — each indoors and open air.
- Put on a masks to maintain your nostril and mouth lined if you end up in shared areas exterior of your property, together with when utilizing public transportation.
- If there are folks within the family who didn’t journey with you, put on a masks and ask everybody within the family to put on masks in shared areas inside your property.
- Wash your fingers usually or use hand sanitizer with not less than 60% alcohol.
- Watch your well being: Search for signs of COVID-19, and take your temperature should you really feel sick.
The place do I get examined?
What sort of take a look at ought to I get?
It is best to get a viral take a look at that may decide in case you are at present contaminated with COVID-19. Study extra about testing for a present an infection.
What else ought to I do earlier than I journey to guard myself and others from COVID-19?
For 14 days earlier than you journey, take on a regular basis precautions like sporting masks, social distancing, and handwashing, and keep away from the next actions that put you at larger danger for COVID-19:
- Going to a massive social gathering like a marriage, funeral, or get together.
- Attending a mass gathering like a sporting occasion, live performance, or parade.
- Being in crowds like in eating places, bars, health facilities, or film theaters.
- Taking public transportation like trains or buses or being in transportation hubs like airports.
- Touring on a cruise ship or river boat.
Is one take a look at sufficient to forestall unfold throughout my journey?
CDC recommends getting examined 1-3 days earlier than your flight AND 3-5 days after your journey AND keep dwelling for 7 days. Even should you take a look at unfavorable, keep dwelling for the complete 7 days. In the event you don’t get examined, it’s most secure to remain dwelling for 10 days. Getting examined together with staying dwelling considerably reduces vacationers’ danger of spreading COVID-19.
What if I just lately recovered from COVID-19?
CDC doesn’t advocate getting examined once more within the three months after a constructive viral take a look at, so long as you don’t have signs of COVID-19. In case you have had a constructive viral take a look at previously 3 months, and you’ve got met the standards to finish isolation, journey with a replica of your take a look at outcomes and a letter out of your physician or well being division that states you will have been cleared for journey.