Uncomfortable side effects and security data
|Within the arm the place you bought the shot:||All through the remainder of your physique:|
These uncomfortable side effects normally begin inside a day or two of getting the vaccine. They may really feel like flu signs and may even have an effect on your potential to do each day actions, however they need to go away in just a few days. Get tips about what to anticipate after getting vaccinated.
Abstract of security knowledge
- In medical trials, reactogenicity signs (uncomfortable side effects that occur inside 7 days of getting vaccinated) have been widespread however have been largely delicate to reasonable.
- Uncomfortable side effects (reminiscent of fever, chills, tiredness, and headache) all through the physique have been extra widespread after the second dose of the vaccine.
- Most uncomfortable side effects have been delicate to reasonable. Nonetheless, a small variety of individuals had extreme uncomfortable side effects—outlined as uncomfortable side effects affecting an individual’s potential to do each day actions.
- Though few individuals within the medical trials went to the hospital or died, knowledge counsel that individuals who acquired the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine have been much less prone to have these extra critical outcomes in comparison with individuals who acquired the saline placebo.
- CDC will proceed to supply updates as we be taught extra concerning the security of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in real-world circumstances. Study extra about vaccine security monitoring after a vaccine is permitted or authorised to be used.
Info on how nicely the vaccine works
- Primarily based on proof from medical trials, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 95% efficient at stopping laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 sickness in individuals with out proof of earlier an infection.
- CDC will proceed to supply updates as we be taught extra about how nicely the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine works in real-world circumstances.
Demographic data from medical trials
Section 2 and three medical trials for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine included individuals from the next racial and ethnic classes:
- 81.9% White
- 26.2% Hispanic/Latino
- 9.8% African American
- 4.4% Asian
- <3% different races/ethnicities
Age and intercourse breakdown:
- 50.6% male
- 49.4% feminine
- 21.4% 65 years and older
Probably the most frequent underlying medical circumstances have been weight problems (35.1%), diabetes (8.4%), and pulmonary illness (7.8%).