Unintended effects and security data
|Within the arm the place you bought the shot:||All through the remainder of your physique:|
These unwanted side effects normally begin inside a day or two of getting the vaccine. They may really feel like flu signs and would possibly even have an effect on your means to do day by day actions, however they need to go away in a couple of days. Get recommendations on what to anticipate after getting vaccinated.
Abstract of security information
- In medical trials, reactogenicity signs (unwanted side effects that occur inside 7 days of getting vaccinated) have been widespread however have been largely delicate to average.
- Unintended effects (akin to fever, chills, tiredness, and headache) all through the physique have been extra widespread after the second dose of the vaccine.
- Most unwanted side effects have been delicate to average. Nevertheless, a small variety of folks had extreme unwanted side effects—outlined as unwanted side effects affecting an individual’s means to do day by day actions.
- Though few folks within the medical trials went to the hospital or died, information recommend that individuals who obtained the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine have been much less more likely to have these extra critical outcomes in comparison with individuals who obtained the saline placebo.
- CDC will proceed to supply updates as we study extra concerning the security of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in real-world situations. Be taught extra about vaccine security monitoring after a vaccine is allowed or authorised to be used.
Info on how nicely the vaccine works
- Based mostly on proof from medical trials, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 95% efficient at stopping laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 sickness in folks with out proof of earlier an infection.
- CDC will proceed to supply updates as we study extra about how nicely the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine works in real-world situations.
Demographic data from medical trials
Section 2 and three medical trials for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine included folks from the next racial and ethnic classes:
- 81.9% White
- 26.2% Hispanic/Latino
- 9.8% African American
- 4.4% Asian
- <3% different races/ethnicities
Age and intercourse breakdown:
- 50.6% male
- 49.4% feminine
- 21.4% 65 years and older
Probably the most frequent underlying medical situations have been weight problems (35.1%), diabetes (8.4%), and pulmonary illness (7.8%).