CDC presents the next suggestions for staying protected and slowing the unfold of COVID-19 whereas scheduling providers or repairs inside the house. This will embody set up and restore of plumbing, electrical, heating, or air-con methods; portray; or cleansing providers.
Normally, the nearer and longer you work together with others, the upper the danger of COVID-19 unfold. Limiting shut face-to-face contact and staying at the least 6 toes away from different individuals is the easiest way to cut back the danger of COVID-19 an infection, together with carrying masks and practising on a regular basis preventive actions. Earlier than welcoming service suppliers into your own home, take into account the following tips to assist hold you, your loved ones, and the service supplier protected throughout in-home providers or repairs:
Earlier than the go to
- Examine together with your native well being division to see if there’s a stay-at-home order in your state or local people that restricts non-essential actions or providers. If a stay-at-home order is in impact in your group, take into account if the service request is crucial or if it may be delayed.
- For those who or somebody in your house has COVID-19, has signs in line with COVID-19, or has been in shut contact with somebody who has COVID-19, wait to schedule non-emergency providers that require entry into your own home till it’s protected to be round others.
- For those who or somebody in your house is at greater danger for extreme sickness from COVID-19, akin to older adults or these with underlying medical circumstances, take into account not being inside the house in the course of the service, or discover another person who could be within the residence as an alternative.
- Do as a lot of the pre-service session as potential earlier than the service supplier arrives, to cut back the period of time the service supplier spends inside your own home. For instance, talk about the main points of the service request on the cellphone or by e-mail, and ship footage forward of time.
- Talk about any COVID-19 precautions the service supplier is taking, together with using masks all through the service go to, any pre-screening procedures (akin to temperature checks) and utilizing the restroom in the course of the service name.