These CDC suggestions are primarily based on the most recent public well being science to tell safer, extra accountable worldwide journey through the COVID-19 pandemic. These suggestions will not be supposed to be necessities for the journey trade. Observe all vacation spot and airline suggestions or necessities.
Air journey requires spending time in safety strains and airport terminals, which might deliver you in shut contact with different folks and continuously touched surfaces. Social distancing is troublesome in busy airports and on crowded flights, and sitting inside 6 toes of others, typically for hours, could improve your threat of getting COVID-19. The way you get to and from the airport, comparable to with public transportation and ridesharing, can even improve your probabilities of being uncovered to the virus.
Testing earlier than and after journey can cut back the chance of spreading COVID-19. Testing doesn’t get rid of all threat, however when paired with a interval of staying at house and on a regular basis precautions like sporting masks and social distancing, it may well make journey safer by decreasing unfold on planes, in airports, and at locations.
Right here’s what to know:
- Get examined 1-3 days earlier than your flight.
- Get examined 3-5 days after journey AND keep house for 7 days after journey.
- Even if you happen to take a look at unfavourable, keep house for the total 7 days.
- In the event you don’t get examined, it’s most secure to remain house for 10 days after journey.
- All the time comply with state and native suggestions or necessities associated to journey.
- Delay your journey if you’re ready for take a look at outcomes.
Beneath is what it’s essential find out about getting examined earlier than your worldwide flight.
- Get examined with a viral take a look at 1-3 days earlier than you depart and once more 1-3 days earlier than you come.
- Ensure you get your take a look at outcomes earlier than you journey. If you’re ready for outcomes, delay your journey.
- Don’t journey in case your take a look at result’s optimistic; instantly isolate your self, and comply with public well being suggestions.
- A unfavourable take a look at doesn’t imply that you weren’t uncovered or that you’ll not develop COVID-19. Be certain to put on a masks, keep not less than 6 toes from others, wash your fingers, and watch your well being for indicators of sickness whereas touring.
- Make a copy of your take a look at outcomes with you throughout journey. You might be requested for them.
Examine in case your airline requires any well being info, testing, or different paperwork. Some locations require testing earlier than journey and/or after arrival. Details about testing necessities to your vacation spot could also be out there from the Workplace of Overseas Affairs or Ministry of Well being, or the US Division of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Nation Info webpageexterior icon.
Take steps to scale back higher-risk actions for 14 days earlier than your journey and get examined 1-3 days earlier than you journey. This might assist cut back the possibility that your journey might be interrupted or delayed by COVID-19.
All vacationers with any identified publicity to COVID-19 ought to delay journey, quarantine themselves from different folks for 14 days after their final identified publicity, get examined, and monitor their well being.
Get examined 3-5 days after journey AND keep house for 7 days after journey. Even if you happen to take a look at unfavourable, keep house for the total 7 days. In the event you don’t get examined, it’s most secure to remain house for 10 days. All the time comply with state and native suggestions or necessities associated to journey.
A unfavourable take a look at doesn’t imply that you weren’t uncovered; you may nonetheless develop COVID-19. Look ahead to signs for 14 days after journey, instantly isolate your self if you happen to develop signs, and be taught what to do if you’re sick.
In case your take a look at is optimistic for COVID-19, instantly isolate your self and comply with public well being suggestions. Don’t journey till it’s protected so that you can be round others; this contains your return journey house.
You might have been uncovered to COVID-19 in your travels. You might really feel nicely and never have any signs, however you will be contagious with out signs and unfold the virus to others. You and your journey companions (together with kids) pose a threat to your loved ones, mates, and group for 14 days after you had been uncovered to the virus.
No matter the place you traveled or what you probably did throughout your journey, take these actions to guard others from getting COVID-19 for 14 days after journey:
- Keep not less than 6 toes/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anybody who didn’t journey with you, notably in crowded areas. It’s necessary to do that in all places — each indoors and outdoor.
- Put on a masks to maintain your nostril and mouth coated when you find yourself in shared areas exterior of your property, together with when utilizing public transportation.
- If there are folks within the family who didn’t journey with you, put on a masks and ask everybody within the family to put on masks in shared areas inside your property.
- Wash your fingers usually or use hand sanitizer with not less than 60% alcohol.
- Watch your well being: Search for signs of COVID-19, and take your temperature if you happen to really feel sick.
The place do I get examined?
What sort of take a look at ought to I get?
You need to get a viral take a look at that may decide if you’re at present contaminated with COVID-19. Be taught extra about testing for a present an infection.
What else ought to I do earlier than I journey to guard myself and others from COVID-19?
For 14 days earlier than you journey, take on a regular basis precautions like sporting masks, social distancing, and handwashing, and keep away from the next actions that put you at larger threat for COVID-19:
- Going to a massive social gathering like a marriage, funeral, or social gathering.
- Attending a mass gathering like a sporting occasion, live performance, or parade.
- Being in crowds like in eating places, bars, health facilities, or film theaters.
- Taking public transportation like trains or buses or being in transportation hubs like airports.
- Touring on a cruise ship or river boat.
Is one take a look at sufficient to stop unfold throughout my journey?
CDC recommends getting examined 1-3 days earlier than your flight AND 3-5 days after your journey AND keep house for 7 days. Even if you happen to take a look at unfavourable, keep house for the total 7 days. In the event you don’t get examined, it’s most secure to remain house for 10 days. Getting examined together with staying house considerably reduces vacationers’ threat of spreading COVID-19.
What if I lately recovered from COVID-19?
CDC doesn’t advocate getting examined once more within the three months after a optimistic viral take a look at, so long as you shouldn’t have signs of COVID-19. If in case you have had a optimistic viral take a look at up to now 3 months, and you’ve got met the standards to finish isolation, journey with a duplicate of your take a look at outcomes and a letter out of your physician or well being division that states you’ve been cleared for journey.