Cell app model now accessible
The Private Protecting Gear (PPE) Burn Fee Calculator is now accessible as an app. Services can use the NIOSH PPE Tracker app to calculate their common PPE consumption fee or “burn fee.” The app estimates what number of days a PPE provide will final given present stock ranges and PPE burn fee. The app is obtainable for each iOSexterior icon and Androidexterior icon units. Go to the NIOSH PPE Tracker app web page to obtain this free instrument.
The Private Protecting Gear (PPE) Burn Fee Calculator excel icon[3 sheets] is a spreadsheet-based mannequin that may assist healthcare services plan and optimize the usage of PPE for response to coronavirus illness 2019 (COVID-19). Non-healthcare services equivalent to correctional services might also discover this instrument helpful.
To make use of the calculator, enter the variety of full bins of every kind of PPE in inventory (robes, gloves, surgical masks, respirators, and face shields, for instance) and the overall variety of sufferers at your facility. The instrument will calculate the common consumption fee, additionally known as a “burn fee,” for every kind of PPE entered within the spreadsheet. This data can then be used to estimate how lengthy the remaining provide of PPE will final, primarily based on the common consumption fee. Utilizing the calculator might help services make order projections for future wants.
- Home windows* working system (MS Home windows 2000 or newer)
- Microsoft Excel (MS Workplace 2000 or newer)
- 486 Pentium processor and no less than 128MB RAM
- 2 MB of arduous drive cupboard space
* MS Home windows and Workplace is a copyrighted product produced by Microsoft Company, primarily based in Redmond, WA. Use of commerce names and industrial sources is for identification solely and doesn’t suggest endorsement by the U.S. Division of Well being and Human Providers.
Directions for Downloading
Earlier than loading and beginning the PPE Burn Fee Calculator, you could want to alter Excel’s safety degree. To take action:
- Open a clean Excel spreadsheet.
- Click on Instruments after which click on Macro, select Safety.
- Set Safety Degree to Medium.
- Click on OK.
- Double-click and open PPE Burn Fee Calculator file.
- When requested to Disable Macros or Allow Macros, click on Allow Macros.
Downloading the Recordsdata
We advocate downloading and saving the PPE Burn Fee Calculator spreadsheet to your pc earlier than opening the spreadsheet. Taking this step will open the spreadsheet in Excel reasonably than your internet browser.