Do you may have or assume you may need COVID-19, or have you ever been round somebody who has the virus?
Are you or somebody in your family at elevated danger of extreme sickness? Chances are you’ll must take additional precautions.
- If you’re at elevated danger for extreme sickness, examine together with your employer to see if there are insurance policies and practices in place to scale back your danger at work, like telework or modified job duties.
Are you the first caregiver to your baby or another person? In that case, listed below are some issues to consider:
Are there methods you possibly can decrease the variety of individuals you work together with?
- Along with any measures what you are promoting could have applied to scale back your danger (e.g., put in boundaries), take further steps to reduce the variety of individuals you work together with.
- Interacting with extra individuals raises your danger since some individuals could have the virus and never comprehend it since they haven’t any signs.
- Can you may have digital conferences to restrict the variety of in-person interactions?
- When interacting with different individuals, are insurance policies in place for colleagues or clients to put on a masks and to maintain 6 toes of area between others?
What’s the size of time that you may be interacting with individuals?
- Spending extra time with individuals who could also be contaminated will increase your danger of changing into contaminated.
- Spending extra time with individuals will increase their danger of changing into contaminated if there’s any probability that you could be already be contaminated.
Keep residence when wanted
Monitor your well being
- Be alert for signs. Look ahead to fever, cough, shortness of breath, or different signs of COVID-19.
- Take your temperature if signs develop.
- Don’t take your temperature inside half-hour of exercising or after taking medicines that would decrease your temperature, like acetaminophen.
- Comply with CDC steering if signs develop.
Put on a masks
- Put on a masks in public settings the place staying 6 toes aside (about two arms size) is just not potential. Interacting with out sporting a masks will increase your danger of getting contaminated.
- Sporting a masks doesn’t substitute the necessity to follow social distancing.
- Put on masks to assist maintain from getting and spreading COVID-19.
Social distance in shared areas
- Preserve at the very least 6 toes of distance between you and others. COVID-19 spreads simpler between people who find themselves inside 6 toes of one another.
- Preserving distance from different individuals is particularly necessary for people who find themselves at elevated danger for extreme sickness, similar to older adults and people with sure medical situations.
- Indoor areas are extra dangerous than out of doors areas the place it may be tougher to maintain individuals aside and there’s much less air flow.
- Keep away from shut contact with others in your commute to work, if potential. Contemplate biking, strolling, driving both alone or with different members of your family. Discover ways to defend your self when utilizing transportation to commute to work.
Wash your fingers usually
- Wash your fingers usually with cleaning soap and water for at the very least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at the very least 60% alcohol if cleaning soap and water should not obtainable. In case your fingers are visibly soiled, use cleaning soap and water over hand sanitizer.
- Keep away from touching your eyes, nostril, and mouth for those who haven’t washed your fingers.
Cowl your coughs and sneezes
- Bear in mind to cowl your mouth and nostril with a tissue if you cough or sneeze, or use the within of your elbow. Throw used tissues into no-touch trash cans and instantly wash fingers with cleaning soap and water for at the very least 20 seconds.
- If cleaning soap and water should not obtainable, use hand sanitizer containing at the very least 60% alcohol.
Keep away from sharing objects and tools
- Keep away from utilizing different workers’ telephones, desks, workplaces, or different work instruments and tools, when potential. Should you can not keep away from utilizing another person’s workstation, clear and disinfect earlier than and after use.
Clear and disinfect continuously touched surfaces and objects
- Clear and disinfect continuously touched objects and surfaces, like workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, and doorknobs. Soiled surfaces may be cleaned with cleaning soap and water earlier than disinfection.
- To disinfect, use these EPA-registered disinfectantsexterior icon.