Textual content Sickness Monitoring, or TIM, is a textual content messaging system that helps public well being organizations monitor signs of enrolled individuals. Public well being organizations can use this method for gratis to observe signs in step with COVID-19.
Textual content Sickness Monitoring (TIM) is a textual content messaging platform that helps monitor signs throughout an infectious illness outbreak. Public well being officers have historically accomplished symptom monitoring through phone calls, which generally is a time-consuming course of requiring intensive assets. TIM permits for two-way brief message service (SMS) textual content messaging to assist public well being organizations rapidly establish enrolled individuals reporting signs. TIM can be utilized to observe a company’s workforce or one other specified inhabitants, equivalent to contacts of an recognized case.
TIM is on the market for gratis and, at the moment, is primarily supposed for public well being organizations on the federal, state, tribal, native, and territorial ranges to help with COVID-19 response actions.
Utilizing TIM for the COVID-19 Response
Since February 2020, a number of federal businesses have used TIM to observe staff for COVID-19 signs. Numerous state, tribal, native, and territorial public well being authorities are additionally utilizing TIM to observe signs of enrolled individuals of their jurisdictions.
Enrolled individuals obtain a number of textual content messages every day asking if they’ve signs in step with COVID-19. Jurisdictions are instantly alerted when a participant responds YES or when a participant fails to reply to message reminders. A dashboard characteristic permits jurisdictions to establish and comply with up with people who’re reporting signs or those that have been unresponsive.
TIM contains many options to assist monitor enrolled individuals for signs of COVID-19. Organizations utilizing TIM can:
- Customise the period of the monitoring interval for a person
- Gather first and final names of individuals throughout the platform
- View a dashboard with abstract data on the standing of individuals and symptom reporting
- Take away/withdraw individuals from monitoring
- Designate when follow-up for YES responses or non-responses are in progress and full
- Preserve monitor of who’s engaged on a YES response or non-response
- Edit textual content in messages to make them particular for the inhabitants being monitored
- Use a Spanish workflow model
- Permit individuals to self-enroll by texting a key phrase to the marketing campaign telephone quantity
How do I get entry to TIM?
State, tribal, native, and territorial public well being authorities could request entry to TIM by finishing the shape on the backside of this web page. The TIM help group will work with the requesting group to supply entry to TIM.
Can native public well being jurisdictions use TIM?
Sure, native jurisdictions can use TIM for COVID-19 symptom monitoring.
Who will be capable of entry the data in TIM?
TIM permits entry to data by two tiers. Public well being directors on the state, tribal, or territorial degree (tier 1) may have entry to all knowledge inside their jurisdiction, together with native knowledge. Jurisdictions assigned on the native degree (tier 2) will solely have entry to the info for the jurisdiction to which they’re assigned.
What data is included within the dashboard?
The TIM system features a dashboard with a number of visualizations, together with detailed and abstract data on monitored people and alerts that require consideration (e.g., those that reply YES to a textual content indicating signs or those that haven’t responded to reminder texts). For alerts, jurisdictions can view the identify and cell phone quantity related to the alert and the content material of the textual content message.
How will I do know if somebody responds that they’ve signs?
TIM creates an alert when an enrolled participant:
- Responds with a textual content that they’ve signs
- Doesn’t reply to the day by day message after a reminder
- Sends a textual content message to choose out
Directors could log into TIM to view all alerts for individuals. Every group may additionally arrange one e-mail deal with to obtain alert notifications through e-mail.
Are there any stories out there in TIM?
There are a number of stories and knowledge extracts out there in TIM.
- Marketing campaign Report (PDF doc): Graphics on participant standing, marketing campaign standing, and alerts on the time the report was generated
- Participant Report (PDF doc): Historical past of all of the textual content responses acquired and alerts over a specified time interval for a participant
- Participant obtain extract (CSV file): Detailed data on all enrolled individuals
- Responses obtain extract (CSV file): Checklist of participant responses and time stamps over a specified time interval
Along with the stories and extracts, TIM features a dashboard with abstract details about individuals, texting campaigns, and alerts as graphs and tables. The info in these graphs and tables could be exported as a CSV file.
What messages will individuals obtain?
Organizations utilizing TIM can personalize the textual content message workflow template out there within the system based mostly on their wants. Determine 1 under exhibits a pattern of a textual content message template out there in TIM. After the group provides a participant’s cell phone quantity to TIM, the participant will instantly obtain a welcome message notifying them of their enrollment. Contributors will obtain a day by day message asking whether or not they have signs in step with COVID-19 and shall be prompted to answer ‘Sure’ or ‘No.’ If a participant doesn’t reply to the day by day message, the TIM system will ship a reminder. On the finish of the monitoring interval, individuals will obtain a ultimate message informing them that they’ve accomplished monitoring and shall be unenrolled from TIM.