Textual content Sickness Monitoring, or TIM, is a textual content messaging system that helps public well being organizations monitor signs of enrolled individuals. Public well being organizations can use this method for gratis to observe signs in line with COVID-19.
Textual content Sickness Monitoring (TIM) is a textual content messaging platform that helps monitor signs throughout an infectious illness outbreak. Public well being officers have historically finished symptom monitoring through phone calls, which generally is a time-consuming course of requiring intensive assets. TIM permits for two-way quick message service (SMS) textual content messaging to assist public well being organizations rapidly establish enrolled individuals reporting signs. TIM can be utilized to observe a corporation’s workforce or one other specified inhabitants, comparable to contacts of an recognized case.
TIM is obtainable for gratis and, at the moment, is primarily meant for public well being organizations on the federal, state, tribal, native, and territorial ranges to help with COVID-19 response actions.
Utilizing TIM for the COVID-19 Response
Since February 2020, a number of federal companies have used TIM to observe workers for COVID-19 signs. Various state, tribal, native, and territorial public well being authorities are additionally utilizing TIM to observe signs of enrolled individuals of their jurisdictions.
Enrolled individuals obtain a number of textual content messages every day asking if they’ve signs in line with COVID-19. Jurisdictions are instantly alerted when a participant responds YES or when a participant fails to reply to message reminders. A dashboard function permits jurisdictions to establish and observe up with people who’re reporting signs or those that have been unresponsive.
TIM consists of many options to assist monitor enrolled individuals for signs of COVID-19. Organizations utilizing TIM can:
- Customise the length of the monitoring interval for a person
- Acquire first and final names of individuals throughout the platform
- View a dashboard with abstract info on the standing of individuals and symptom reporting
- Take away/withdraw individuals from monitoring
- Designate when follow-up for YES responses or non-responses are in progress and full
- Maintain monitor of who’s engaged on a YES response or non-response
- Edit textual content in messages to make them particular for the inhabitants being monitored
- Use a Spanish workflow model
- Enable individuals to self-enroll by texting a key phrase to the marketing campaign cellphone quantity
How do I get entry to TIM?
State, tribal, native, and territorial public well being authorities could request entry to TIM by finishing the shape on the backside of this web page. The TIM help staff will work with the requesting group to supply entry to TIM.
Can native public well being jurisdictions use TIM?
Sure, native jurisdictions can use TIM for COVID-19 symptom monitoring.
Who will have the ability to entry the data in TIM?
TIM permits entry to info by two tiers. Public well being directors on the state, tribal, or territorial stage (tier 1) may have entry to all knowledge inside their jurisdiction, together with native knowledge. Jurisdictions assigned on the native stage (tier 2) will solely have entry to the information for the jurisdiction to which they’re assigned.
What info is included within the dashboard?
The TIM system features a dashboard with a number of visualizations, together with detailed and abstract info on monitored people and alerts that require consideration (e.g., those that reply YES to a textual content indicating signs or those that haven’t responded to reminder texts). For alerts, jurisdictions can view the title and cell phone quantity related to the alert and the content material of the textual content message.
How will I do know if somebody responds that they’ve signs?
TIM creates an alert when an enrolled participant:
- Responds with a textual content that they’ve signs
- Doesn’t reply to the every day message after a reminder
- Sends a textual content message to decide out
Directors could log into TIM to view all alerts for individuals. Every group might also arrange one e-mail handle to obtain alert notifications through e-mail.
Are there any studies out there in TIM?
There are a number of studies and knowledge extracts out there in TIM.
- Marketing campaign Report (PDF doc): Graphics on participant standing, marketing campaign standing, and alerts on the time the report was generated
- Participant Report (PDF doc): Historical past of all of the textual content responses acquired and alerts over a specified time interval for a participant
- Participant obtain extract (CSV file): Detailed info on all enrolled individuals
- Responses obtain extract (CSV file): Checklist of participant responses and time stamps over a specified time interval
Along with the studies and extracts, TIM features a dashboard with abstract details about individuals, texting campaigns, and alerts as graphs and tables. The information in these graphs and tables will be exported as a CSV file.
What messages will individuals obtain?
Organizations utilizing TIM can personalize the textual content message workflow template out there within the system primarily based on their wants. Determine 1 under reveals a pattern of a textual content message template out there in TIM. After the group provides a participant’s cell phone quantity to TIM, the participant will instantly obtain a welcome message notifying them of their enrollment. Contributors will obtain a every day message asking whether or not they have signs in line with COVID-19 and might be prompted to answer ‘Sure’ or ‘No.’ If a participant doesn’t reply to the every day message, the TIM system will ship a reminder. On the finish of the monitoring interval, individuals will obtain a last message informing them that they’ve accomplished monitoring and might be unenrolled from TIM.