Well being authorities in New South Wales have launched new opening occasions for testing areas.
It additionally reminded individuals to put on a masks when going for a take a look at.
There have been lengthy queues at testing websites in Sydney over the previous few days, with many reporting queuing for hours solely to be instructed the clinic had closed for the day. There are greater than 300 testing websites in Sydney, NSW well being mentioned. The complete checklist of testing areas is right here.
Should you missed it earlier, the UK prime minister, Boris Johnson, launched strict tier 4 lockdown circumstances in London, south-east and japanese England, forcing a 3rd of England’s inhabitants to cancel their Christmas plans and keep at dwelling.
It was a pointy U-turn from Johnson who had beforehand resisted options that individuals would have to be locked down over Christmas. The strict new measures had been launched in response to a brand new Covid pressure believed to be as much as 70% extra transmissible than earlier variants.
Up to date
NSW provides to checklist of Covid hotspots
NSW well being authorities added to the checklist of Covid-19 hotspots in Sydney in a single day. Worryingly, the alert for Anytime Health in Avalon has been pushed again to 23 November. The origin case for the North Sydney outbreak has but to be recognized but it surely had been linked by way of genomic testing to a case in lodge quarantine on 1 December.
The newest recommendation contains:
- Anybody who attended Anytime Health on Avalon Pde in Avalon on or after Tuesday 8 December ought to get examined instantly and self-isolate for 14-days after they had been final on the health club.
- Anybody who was on the health club between 23 November and seven December ought to get examined and self-isolate till they get a destructive outcome.
- Anybody who dined-in at Oceana Merchants Seafood Retailers restaurant in Avalon seaside from 14 to 17 December should get examined instantly and self-isolate for 14 days after they had been final on the venue, and anybody who received takeaway from the restaurant on these dates ought to get examined and isolate till they get a destructive outcome.
- Anybody who was at Nomad restaurant in Surry Hills for greater than an hour between 12.45pm and 2pm on 16 December; at Cafe Toscano in Forster from 6pm to 7.45pm on 16 December; or on the Strawberry Hills Lodge in Surry Hills between 3.30pm and 6pm on 16 December has been instructed to get examined instantly and self-isolate till 30 December.
- Anybody who was on the above eating places on the listed occasions for lower than an hour ought to monitor themselves for signs.
- Anybody who was on the Avalon RSL on 14 December from 6pm to 8pm; on the Sands in Narrabeen on 15 December from 6pm to 8pm; Salon for Hair in Turramurra from 9.30am to three.30pm on 17 December; the Rose of Australia in Erskineville from 7pm to eight.45pm on 15 December; Sydney Trapeze Faculty in St Peters from 10am to 12pm on 15 December, ought to get examined and isolate for 14 days no matter a outcome.
The full checklist is right here. It’s intensive – there are 26 alerts for publicity occasions that require individuals to right away self-isolate and get examined, and 45 publicity websites requiring individuals to watch for signs. Nineteen public transport routes have additionally been affected.
Up to date
Hi there and welcome to at this time’s protection of coronavirus information from world wide. We’re anticipating new restrictions to be introduced in Sydney, Australia, at this time as case numbers rise, whereas strict new restrictions have been launched within the UK and in elements of Europe.
Right here’s the newest developments through my colleague Nicola Slawson:
- Greater than 75.06 million individuals have been reported to be contaminated by the novel coronavirus globally and 1,679,707 have died, based on a Reuters tally.
- A new coronavirus pressure, which has been found in South East England, may very well be as much as 70% extra transmissible. It doesn’t appear to be extra harmful however does appear to unfold extra simply and will enhance the R by 0.4 or extra.
- From midnight tonight, London, the south-east and the east of England will enter tier 4 – the hardest stage of restrictions, much like the final nationwide lockdown in November. The comfort of guidelines for Christmas has been scrapped for a lot of south-east England and lower to simply Christmas Day for the remainder of England.
- Scotland introduced a strict journey ban with the remainder of the UK, festive bubbles will solely be allowed on Christmas Day and stage 4 restrictions from Boxing Day. In the meantime Wales might be positioned below lockdown from midnight tonight with all festive rest plans restricted to Christmas Day solely.
- Distribution of the Moderna vaccine will start to greater than 3,800 websites throughout the US this weekend, after it was accredited on Friday by the medicines regulator, the Meals and Drug Administration.
- Well being authorities in Thailand reported 516 new instances of coronavirus on Saturday, by far the most important one-day bounce in a rustic that had beforehand introduced the epidemic largely below management, based on Reuters.
- Individuals in Italy will solely be allowed to depart their properties as soon as a day to go to mates or kinfolk over the Christmas and new yr interval, and journey between areas is to be banned, based on AFP.
- In Australia, Sydney’s northern seashores neighborhood is in lockdown, with the remainder of the town on standby in case an infection unfold results in broader restrictions. The NSW premier has flagged a doable return to tighter measures in Sydney.
- Benjamin Netanyahu has change into the primary individual in Israel to get vaccinated in opposition to the coronavirus, because the nation begins it inoculation rollout on Saturday evening.
- Brazil has now registered 37,730 new instances of coronavirus, bringing the entire to 7,200,708 instances. Deaths within the nation have risen by 555 to 186,205.