The next is a screening device that can be utilized to determine individuals with potential signs of coronavirus illness 2019 (COVID-19). Though not each one that has signs may have COVID-19, conducting day by day screenings consisting of a sequence of easy questions may help determine individuals who may have medical care or isolation.
If somebody screens constructive for signs, they need to be directed to the place they will keep in keeping with a predesignated plan developed with the native Continuum of Care (CoC), public well being division, and neighborhood management. For extra particulars, see the Interim Steering for Homeless Service Suppliers to Plan and Reply to Coronavirus Illness 2019 and the Interim Steering on Unsheltered Homelessness and Coronavirus Illness 2019 (COVID-19) for Homeless Service Suppliers and Native Officers.
- Decide if the consumer has a fever, by:
- Taking their temperature utilizing a temporal thermometer (see field),
- Asking “Have you ever felt such as you had a fever previously day?”
- Ask the consumer “Do you may have a brand new or worsening cough right this moment?”
- Ask the consumer, “Do you may have any of those different signs?
- Shortness of breath or problem respiratory
- Muscle or physique aches
- New lack of style or scent
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nostril
- Nausea or vomiting
If the consumer has a fever OR a brand new/worsening cough OR any of the opposite signs:
- Present a masks for the consumer to put on over their nostril and mouth, if one is offered and if the consumer can tolerate it. If a masks shouldn’t be accessible, advise the consumer about cough etiquette and supply tissues. Masks shouldn’t be positioned on kids youthful than 2 years previous, anybody who has hassle respiratory or is unconscious, anybody who’s incapacitated or in any other case unable to take away the masks with out help.
- Notify administration and applicable healthcare suppliers.
- Direct the consumer to an isolation room if accessible, or to the world designated for individuals with signs of COVID-19. In case your shelter doesn’t have an space for individuals with signs, redirect the particular person to the situation prespecified by your CoC, public well being division, and neighborhood management.
- Let the consumer know:
- If their signs worsen, they need to notify a member of the homeless shelter employees instantly.
- They need to not depart their room/the designated space besides to make use of the restroom and they need to keep no less than 6 ft away from others.
- In the event that they depart their room/the designated space, they need to put on a masks.
- They need to wash their palms typically or use a hand sanitizer that accommodates no less than 60% alcohol.
Use commonplace shelter protocols for medical emergencies.