Social distancing could make some folks really feel socially or culturally remoted, and probably result in loneliness, despair and poor well being. It is very important use different non-physical methods to attach with household and mates, like sending a letter, cellphone calls, video calls, or social media. Exercising in or round your property or yard and sitting or working exterior, near dwelling, also can assist.
Social distancing to remain wholesome and secure could stop folks from following some conventional and ceremonial practices. This can be particularly related for American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) communities, however it is rather essential to make use of social distancing to cut back the unfold of COVID-19.
Beneath are some methods to deal with social distancing (also called bodily distancing) and the stress COVID-19 could trigger:
- Take breaks from watching, studying, or listening to information tales, together with social media. Listening to concerning the pandemic repeatedly could be upsetting.
- Care for your physique and thoughts. Take deep breaths, meditate, stretch, and train usually.
- Attempt to eat wholesome, well-balanced meals.
- Get loads of sleep.
- Keep away from alcohol and medicines.
- Join with others on-line or on the cellphone and discuss with folks you belief about your issues and the way you feel.
- Make time to chill out and do actions you get pleasure from that may be carried out whereas social distancing.
Dealing with stress throughout a COVID-19 outbreak will make you, your family members, and your neighborhood stronger. Study extra.
Individuals who need assistance or know somebody that wants assist with stress or nervousness can contact the Catastrophe Misery Helplineexterior icon at 1-800-985-5990, or discuss to a counselor or social employee which may be out there in your space.