Keep house in case you are having signs of COVID-19.
Keep no less than 6 toes away from passengers and coworkers, when doable.
- Keep away from getting into properties and amenities to assist passengers, if doable.
- Seat passengers within the seats farthest from you, and have them use obtainable rear entry doorways. If just one entrance is out there and you aren’t helping the passenger, you may exit the automobile earlier than a passenger enters or exits it to take care of social distance.
- Use a bigger automobile, reminiscent of a cutaway bus or van when possible, to permit larger bodily distance between automobile occupants. If doable, block the seats closest to your driver’s seat to make sure social distancing.
- Restrict passenger masses every time doable, until passengers are rapid household or private aides.
Put on a material masks in public and at work, even when social distancing. Material masks could forestall individuals who don’t know they’ve the virus from spreading it to others. The unfold of COVID-19 may be decreased when material masks are used together with different preventive measures, together with social distancing. A common face masking coverage may be efficient in stopping the transmission of the virus in close-contact interactions.
- Watch out when placing on, sporting, and taking off material masks:
- Don’t contact your material masks whereas sporting it.
- Don’t contact your face, mouth, nostril, or eyes whereas taking off the fabric masks.
- Wash your fingers earlier than placing on and after taking off the fabric masks.
- Wash the masks after every use.
- Guarantee material masks don’t create a brand new threat (for instance, interferes with driving or imaginative and prescient, or contributes to heat-related sickness) that exceeds their COVID-19 associated advantages of slowing the unfold of the virus.
- For these with sensory, cognitive, or behavioral points, material masks could also be troublesome to put on, particularly for prolonged durations of time. CDC supplies info on variations and options that ought to be thought-about when material masks might not be possible.
- In case you are involved about the usage of material masks at your office, talk about them along with your employer.
- Take into account carrying a spare material masks.
- Ask passengers to put on material masks until they’re having hassle respiratory, they can’t placed on or take away a material masks on their very own, or they’re beneath the age of two.
Clear and disinfect ceaselessly touched objects or surfaces.
- If doable, clear and disinfect extra ceaselessly, reminiscent of between passengers. Clear and disinfect the next areas on a routine foundation or no less than day by day:
- Automobile keys, wheelchair lifts, wheelchair securements, steering wheels, handrails, door handles, digital touchscreens, fareboxes, fingerprint scanners, and different generally touched surfaces within the passenger boarding and seating areas
- Keep away from touching your face, mouth, nostril, or eyes when dealing with ceaselessly touched objects.
- Observe the instructions on the cleansing product’s label.
- Wash your fingers with cleaning soap and water for no less than 20 seconds after touching ceaselessly touched objects or surfaces.
Wash your fingers often with cleaning soap and water for no less than 20 seconds. You don’t have to put on gloves when you wash your fingers often (until they’re already required on your job).
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing no less than 60% alcohol if cleaning soap and water aren’t obtainable.
- Wash your fingers at these key occasions:
- Earlier than, throughout, and after getting ready meals.
- Earlier than consuming meals.
- After utilizing the bathroom.
- After blowing your nostril, coughing, or sneezing.
- After placing on, touching, or eradicating material face coverings or masks.
- Earlier than and after work and work breaks.
- Earlier than and after contact with a passenger.
- After dealing with money and/or fare playing cards.
- Earlier than and after fueling.
Don’t contact your face, mouth, nostril, or eyes.
- Use tissues to cowl your mouth and nostril once you cough or sneeze or use the within of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in a lined driver-only trash receptacle.
- Place lined trash receptacles on the rear of car for passengers.
- Wash your fingers with cleaning soap and water for no less than 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer with no less than 60% alcohol when cleaning soap and water aren’t obtainable.
Keep away from utilizing the recirculated air possibility for the automobile’s air flow throughout and instantly after transporting a passenger.
- Make certain the automobile is nicely ventilatedexterior icon. Use the automobile’s vents to usher in contemporary outdoors air, and decrease the rear automobile home windows if out of doors circumstances permit and it doesn’t pose a well being or security threat to passengers.
- After transporting passengers, permit for adequate air exchanges to take away any probably infectious particles.
When no various transportation is out there, and it’s obligatory to move a passenger who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or signs of COVID-19, or who has had shut contact previously two weeks with somebody confirmed to have COVID-19:
- Contact your employer to debate your issues when you really feel unsafe transporting the passenger or in case you are at elevated threat of extreme sickness.
- Observe the CDC suggestions for transporting identified or suspected individuals with COVID-19 utilizing non-emergency automobile providers.
- If obtainable, activate the rear exhaust air flow along with supplying outdoors air by way of the entrance vents.
- Make sure the passenger wears a material masks, if acceptable. Sporting material masks could also be troublesome for people with bodily, sensory, cognitive, or behavioral impairments, and isn’t really helpful for kids beneath age 2 years or for anybody who has hassle respiratory or is unconscious, incapacitated, or in any other case unable to take away the fabric masks with out help.
- After transporting the passenger, clear and disinfect the automobile and wash your fingers.