For Election Officers/Ballot Employees
Listed below are some issues election officers and ballot employees ought to consider to decrease the danger of COVID-19 unfold.
Election officers and ballot employees may also help decrease the danger of COVID-19 unfold at polling places by means of private prevention practices and cleansing and disinfection. This consists of carrying a masks, staying at the very least 6 toes aside, staying house when sick, handwashing, and disinfecting ceaselessly touched surfaces.
Election officers can:
- Improve consciousness of voting strategies that decrease direct contact and cut back crowd dimension at polling places.
- This consists of choices for voters who could also be sick with COVID-19.
- Inform voters about protecting measures to anticipate when voting in individual.
Election officers and ballot employees also can:
- Present alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at the very least 60% alcohol to make use of at voting places.
- Suggest that voters put on a masks.
- Submit indicators and messages about staying at the very least 6 toes aside and carrying a masks.
- Set up bodily reminders of distancing 6 toes aside through the use of chalk, tape, or stickers so as to add bodily guides and by including one-way directional signage to flooring and partitions.
- Clear and disinfect surfaces and voting-associated tools ceaselessly, following tools producers’ directionsexterior icon.
For Voters Who Are Voting In Individual
Are you voting in individual on this election? Listed below are some issues it is best to consider that will help you decrease your danger of getting COVID-19.
As a voter, you’ll be able to decrease the danger of COVID-19 transmission at polling places through the use of private prevention practices. This consists of carrying a masks and sustaining at the very least six toes of distance from individuals who don’t reside with you.
You can too:
- Observe preventive measures for transportation to and from the polls.
- Verify voting places and necessities earlier than going to vote as a result of these might have modified attributable to COVID-19.
- Attempt to keep away from crowds.
- Use early voting, if obtainable.
- Vote at off-peak instances, reminiscent of mid-morning.
- Deliver an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at the very least 60% alcohol to make use of earlier than and after voting.
- Verify the native election workplace web siteexterior icon for data on voting choices obtainable within the jurisdiction.
- Ask ballot employees what choices they provide for casting your poll when you have signs of COVID-19.