Keep residence in case you are having signs of COVID-19.
- Comply with CDC-recommended steps in case you are sick.
- Notify your employer when you check constructive for COVID-19.
- Don’t return to work till the standards to discontinue residence isolation are met.
- Discuss along with your healthcare supplier about when it’s secure so that you can return to work.
- Comply with CDC advisable precautions and inform your supervisor when you or somebody you reside with or somebody you have got had latest shut contact with has COVID-19.
- Make a plan along with your employer and your loved ones as to what to do when you change into sick whilst you’re on the highway. Embrace the place to cease, the place and the best way to search medical recommendation and therapy, and plans for freight supply.
Keep at the very least 6 toes away from dock staff, retailer staff, and others when potential.
- Restrict time spent outdoors of the truck cab throughout fueling, loading and unloading, and at relaxation and truck stops.
- Use paperless, digital invoicing for fueling, deliveries, and different duties, when obtainable.
- Contact services prematurely to make an appointment for unloading of cargo. Bear in mind that some services might not grant entry to restrooms, and plan as greatest you’ll be able to.
- Use radio/telephone to speak with dock managers or different drivers, if potential.
- Pack meals, water, and provides to restrict the variety of stops.
- Keep away from shaking arms.
- Preserve your truck well-ventilated.
- Don’t share private protecting gear (PPE) (resembling vests, security glasses, exhausting hats), instruments, telephones, radios, or different private gadgets.
- Use pre-qualified truck stops or inns recognized by your employer as having applicable COVID-19 protections.
- If any directive out of your employer or a shipper is unclear, ask questions.
Put on a material masks in public, and at work, even when social distancing. Fabric masks might stop individuals who don’t know they’ve the virus from spreading it to others. The unfold of COVID-19 may be diminished when material masks are used together with different preventive measures, together with social distancing. A common face masking coverage may be efficient in stopping the transmission of the virus in close-contact interactions.
- Watch out when placing on and taking off material masks:
- Don’t contact your material masks whereas sporting it.
- Don’t contact your face, mouth, nostril, or eyes whereas taking off the fabric masks.
- Wash your arms earlier than placing on and after taking off the fabric masks.
- Wash the masks after every use.
- Guarantee material masks don’t create a brand new threat (for instance, interferes with driving or imaginative and prescient, or contributes to heat-related sickness) that exceeds their COVID-19 associated advantages of slowing the unfold of the virus.
- When group driving or ride-alongs are required, put on a material masks when sharing the cab with somebody who doesn’t dwell with you and you may’t keep 6 toes aside.
- For these with sensory, cognitive, or behavioral points, material masks could also be troublesome to put on, particularly for prolonged durations of time. CDC supplies data on variations and options that must be thought-about when material masks is probably not possible.
- If you’re involved about using material masks at your office, talk about them along with your employer.
- Contemplate carrying a spare material masks.
Clear and disinfect often touched objects or surfaces.
- Clear the next areas on a routine foundation or at the very least each day:
- Within the truck cab (driver door deal with, steering wheel, seat belt and buckle, arm and head relaxation, seat cowl, flip sign, wiper controls, dashboard, air ducts, radio, and temperature controls).
- Within the sleeper berth (gentle switches, mattress tray, temperature controls, and different flat surfaces).
- If a 3rd occasion should have entry to the inside of your truck (for instance, mechanics, different drivers, inspectors), request that the third occasion clear and disinfect the truck earlier than turning it again over to you.
- Keep away from touching your face, mouth, nostril, or eyes when dealing with often touched gadgets.
- Comply with the instructions on the cleansing product’s label.
Wash your arms usually with cleaning soap and water for at the very least 20 seconds. You don’t must put on gloves when you wash your arms usually (except they’re already required on your job).
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at the very least 60% alcohol if cleaning soap and water aren’t obtainable.
- Wash your arms at these key instances:
- Earlier than getting into and leaving the cab, together with deliveries, loading and unloading of cargo, relaxation breaks, fueling, and different actions.
- Earlier than, throughout, and after making ready meals.
- Earlier than consuming meals.
- After utilizing the bathroom.
- After blowing your nostril, coughing, or sneezing.
- After placing on, touching, or eradicating material masks.
- Earlier than and after work and work breaks.
- Earlier than and after fueling.
Don’t contact your face, mouth, nostril, or eyes. Cowl your coughs and sneezes.
- Use tissues to cowl your mouth and nostril if you cough or sneeze or use the within of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in a lined trash receptacle.
- Wash your arms with cleaning soap and water for at the very least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at the very least 60% alcohol when cleaning soap and water aren’t obtainable.
Proceed to adjust to present Federal Motor Provider Security Administrationexterior icon (FMCSA) laws.
- Get ample sleep (7–9 hours) previous to driving. That is essential even when important provides and gear are being transported.
- Pull over, drink a cup of espresso. or take a 15–30 minute nap earlier than persevering with when you really feel fatigued whereas driving.