Coronavirus illness 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory sickness brought on by a virus known as SARS-CoV-2. Signs typically embody cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle ache, sore throat, or new lack of style or odor. Our understanding of how the virus spreads is evolving as we study extra about it, so examine the CDC web site for the most recent data. The virus is assumed to unfold primarily from person-to-person:
Latest research point out that the virus may be unfold by people who find themselves not exhibiting signs. It could be doable that an individual can get COVID-19 by touching a floor or object that has the virus on it after which touching their very own mouth, nostril, or presumably their eyes. This isn’t considered the primary approach the virus spreads, however we’re nonetheless studying extra about this virus. Older adults and other people of any age who’ve critical underlying medical situations could also be at greater threat for extra critical issues from COVID-19.
As a meals and grocery pick-up and supply driver (like Uber Eats, Grubhub, DoorDash, Postmates, Instacart), how can I shield myself and others?
Potential sources of publicity embody having shut contact with people with COVID-19 when selecting up or delivering meals or groceries, or by touching surfaces touched or dealt with by an individual with COVID-19.
Keep house in case you are sick
- In the event you develop a fever or signs, reminiscent of cough or issue respiratory, name your healthcare supplier for medical recommendation earlier than visiting their workplace.
- You shouldn’t return to work till the standards to discontinue house isolation are met, after speaking along with your physician.
Put on a material face overlaying
- CDC recommends sporting material face coverings in public settings the place different social distancing measures are troublesome to keep up, particularly in areas the place lots of people are contaminated.
- Material face coverings might forestall individuals who don’t know they’ve the virus from transmitting it to others.
- These face coverings are usually not surgical masks or respirators and are usually not acceptable substitutes for them in workplaces the place masks or respirators are advisable or required.
- Keep away from shut contact with people as a lot as doable when selecting up meals, groceries, or different gadgets at eating places or grocery shops. This helps shield each you and the employees on the eating places or grocery shops bringing the gadgets to you.
- Apply contactless deliveries to the best extent doable. Contactless deliveries assist you to go away a supply at a doorstep, transfer again to a distance higher than 6 ft away whereas verifying receipt of the supply with the individual getting the supply, and attempt to do all interactions electronically (e.g., in an app or over a cellphone). This eliminates the necessity for shut contact between you and the individual getting the supply.
- Restrict your contact with ceaselessly touched surfaces throughout pickups and deliveries, reminiscent of counter tops, elevator buttons, doorbells, door handles, radio buttons, and so forth.
- Keep away from sharing scanners, pens, or different instruments with clients.
- Use a foot, shoulder, elbow, hip, or forearm as a substitute of fingers when opening doorways at pick-up and supply websites, if doable.
Apply On a regular basis Preventive Actions
- Keep away from touching your eyes, nostril, or mouth.
- Correct hand hygiene is a crucial an infection management measure. Bear in mind the place you’ll be able to entry and use amenities with cleaning soap and water throughout your shift. Wash your fingers usually with cleaning soap and water for at the least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at the least 60% alcohol.
- Key occasions to scrub fingers embody:
- Earlier than, throughout, and after making ready meals
- Earlier than consuming meals
- After utilizing the bathroom
- After blowing your nostril, coughing, or sneezing
- Extra occasions to scrub fingers on the job embody:
- Earlier than and after work shifts
- Earlier than and after work breaks
- Earlier than and after making a supply
- After placing on, touching, or eradicating material face coverings
- After touching ceaselessly touched surfaces reminiscent of doorbells or door handles
- Earlier than sporting and after eradicating cold-weather gloves
- Earlier than and after pumping gasoline
- Carry tissues in your automobile and use them once you cough, sneeze or contact your face. Throw used tissues within the trash.
Clear and Disinfect
- Get and carry cleansing and disinfectant spray or disposable wipes and a trash bag with you in your automobile.
- Clear and disinfect generally touched surfaces in the beginning and finish of every shift, significantly if the automobile can be utilized by different drivers, following the instructions on the cleansing product’s label. Clear surfaces which can be visibly soiled with detergent or cleaning soap and water previous to disinfection. Incessantly touched surfaces embody the steering wheel, gearshift, signaling levers, door handles, and seatbelt buckles.
- Wipe down gadgets reminiscent of pens and digital signature pads/cell units if shared with a supply recipient after every use.
- Applicable disinfectants to make use of for onerous non-porous surfaces embody:
What steps ought to the meals or grocery supply firm take for whom I’m a driver?
The meals or grocery supply firm for whom you’re a contract driver ought to develop and share a set of COVID-19 well being and security measures to tell and assist shield supply drivers. They need to:
- Actively encourage sick supply drivers to remain house.
- Encourage using and help you in acquiring hand sanitizer and disposable wipes and different cleansing merchandise in order that ceaselessly touched surfaces may be wiped down by drivers.
- Offer you data on the place to seek out correct details about COVID-19 and the way it spreads.
- Develop insurance policies and know-how choices that enable and prioritize contactless deliveries (e.g., no-knock, no-signature, all digital bank card transactions, and so forth.) that restrict or eradicate shut contact between supply drivers and suppliers and purchasers.
The place can I get extra data?
Keep knowledgeable. Evaluation well being and security measures taken by your supply service firm about COVID-19. See these sources for extra data on employee exposures to COVID-19: