Roughly 200 gallons of sulfuric acid spilled on an interstate in Atlanta on Thursday, sending two first responders to the hospital, based on native officers.
All lanes of visitors on Interstate 285 expressway north had been shut down after the hazardous spill was reported round 6 p.m., based on the Atlanta Hearth Rescue Division.
Two Freeway Emergency Response Operators [HERO] staff had been taken by EMS to an space hospital after publicity to the sulfuric acid, officers stated.
Sulfuric acid is a dangerously corrosive chemical utilized in a number of industries that may be harmful to the pores and skin, eyes, enamel and lungs, based on the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention.
Extreme publicity to the substance may be deadly, based on the company.
It’s not clear how the spill occurred.
The Submit has reached out to Atlanta Hearth Rescue and the Georgia Division of Transportation, who dispatches HEROs, for added info.